Wednesday, June 3, 2009

An Introduction (file under Busy but Good)

Yesterday was a great day. At first it looked as if the weather was not going to cooperate. In fact it was cold and cloudy. But then, as so often happens by the lake, the weather changed and like magic I had a beautiful night. I had prepared for a moderately busy night and found myself scrambling quite a bit. It was a sign of things to come.

It was a lot of fun. At my busiest I had six chits up with a total of fourteen different dishes. This week I am serving Halibut, Jerk Chicken Breast, Striploins and Turkey Burgers. I switch up the rice everyday and have now started playing with my vegetables so that they are different from the ones used inside.

I was able to make the plates look really pretty at first. Picking and choosing how I would put the vegetables on the plate. The mix I am using right now is Carrots, Asparagus, Baby Bok Choi, Yellow Zucchini as well as red and green peppers. The mix is really pretty and offers colour and texture to the plates.

Today I have to go in early because I have so much prep to do. Everything I prepped yesterday is pretty much exhausted. So I will be going in a couple of hours early in order to accomplish the prep that I need to get done. The forecast says we are in for a nice day so I am expecting to get slammed royally. Which I love.

Moreover, I had three Members come and chat with me at my station last night. One said that I made her the best steak she had ever had. I had cooked it medium and truthfully I’m kind of shocked because to me (though it is a matter of personal preference) the only real way to eat steak, especially high quality steak, is medium rare. But I thanked her for her compliment and she assured me that we would get to know each other over the summer. I thanked her and wished her a great night.

Another Member had the Jerk Chicken Breast and said it was amongst the best he had ever eaten. I have to give most of the credit to Sous Chef R on that one as all I did was cook it. And I have to admit the Jerk recipe he prepared is amongst the best that I have ever had.

Finally another member told me that I had cooked the Halibut to perfection and that the pineapple salsa was a delicious compliment to the dish.

So not only am I working my little butt off in the kitchen but I am working my little butt off outside of it too. I’m managing the photographer globally that I mentioned before. You can check him out at www.michaelwilliampaul.com. He is amazing and we are working on some brilliant projects together that are going to see us traveling quite extensively. I will write more on this as the details become clearer.

It is amazing what happens in your life when you let go of your ego and allow your spirit to soar.

Da Vinci once said; “Where the spirit does not work with the hand there is no art”

Are you dreaming big and inspired?

A la prochaine

SDM

No comments: